Thursday, May 1, 2014

Starting over

I started this blog a few years ago with grand ideas.  Whether my puny blog shows it or not, I do love to DIY, I do love to cook, I adore thrifting treasures, and I do love the IDEA of sharing all of my experiences with other lovers of such things.  After my last published post there were so many times I made something or had an experience I thought would be great to share on my blog...but I didn't.  The blogosphere is pouring over with wonderful, well laid out, witty, colorful, smart blogs and the more I read them the more I had a case of "keeping up with the Joneses."  Whenever I sat down to share a part of my life, a little part of me thought: "This will never look as good or read as well as all those other popular blogs."  I felt like I was in high school again looking to all the popular girls to see what to wear and how to act.  Fast forward a few years, my now fiancé and I live in a lovely home we bought, I am planning a wedding, and I got over my dumb phobia of not fitting into the popular blog crowd.  I mean, they all had to start somewhere too!  With this new boost of confidence and lots of decorating, DIYing, and projects going on at the house and for the wedding I feel like I want to put myself out there!  The other day I stumbled onto the blog The Nesting Place, and after reading her post "Because Sharing the Imperfect is Worth the Risk" her words stuck with me.  I kept thinking about her imperfect slipcover, and thumbtack window treatment, and I thought: "If she can share her imperfections and be accepted into the blogosphere, so can I!" So over the next few days I will be attempting to figure out how to update my blog's look and start over what I attempted to begin a few years ago!  With all that said, I will leave you with the words that left me so empowered:


PS: In keeping with the imperfect theme...if anyone knows how to get that black box from showing around pictures please feel free to share.  It's kinda driving me bonkers.

Your technologically challenged blogger friend,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment