Thursday, May 22, 2014

Seeing Spots - A DIY Dalmatian Print Pot

I know I am a little late to the game but I love how dalmatian has become a popular animal print in home decor.  When I saw these talented bloggers take the print to a whole new DIY level I kept the concept in the back of my mind.

Via The Hunted Interior

Via Make It A Double

Via Little Green Notebook
So when my sickly succulents (I have ZERO luck keeping them alive...le sigh) needed a new home, I hit up my local thrift store and bought a little terracotta pot for $0.59.  It was in need of a facelift so I thought it would be a fun excuse to introduce a little dalmatian into my decor.  After a few coats of white spray paint and some hand painted spots here is the final product:


I feel like the spots look more "cowish" than dalmatian but I'll live with it for a while.  I think if I could redo it I would allow for more white to show...oh well.  Here's to hoping my succulents perk up in their new home!
-J

No comments:

Post a Comment