Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Couponing at Target

Hey all!  Hope everyone had a lovely weekend.  I won't be doing Insta Weekend this week because, quite frankly, I don't think you want to see Instagram pictures of me spraying Roundup and the bushes we dug up from an exciting weekend of doing yard work.  Yep, we know how to throw down on the weekend.  So, a few posts back I shared my love for couponing and a few tips for saving at CVS.  Today I thought I would share some tips for couponing at Target (who doesn't love Target?!)!  I treat couponing at Target just like I described couponing at CVS.  One really cool thing they have started doing (besides the Cartwheel app...if you don't have it, get it!) is giving you Target gift cards when you buy certain products.  Let me start my little lesson by showing you what I scored today: 


Deal #1:
If you bought 2 participating Dr. Scholl's items you would receive a $5 gift card (for a future purchase)
I purchased 2 Dr. Scholl's DreamWalk Arch Supports - $5.49 a piece
I then used 2 $2 off manufacturer coupons
Total paid - $6.98
I then received my $5 Target gift card

Deal #2:
If you bought 3 participating personal care items you would receive a $5 gift card (for a future purchase)
I purchased 1 Simple cleansing facial wipes - $3.79
1 Simple eye make-up removal wipes - $3.79
1 Clear Scalp & Hair shampoo - $4.99
I then used 2 $2 off Simple manufacturer coupons
1 $1.50 Clear manufacturer coupon
1 $1.50 Target coupon for Clear shampoo
AND I used my $5 Target gift card from my first transaction
Total paid - $0.57
I then received my $5 Target gift card

So, total spent on all the products was $7.55 but if you include the $5 gift card it's kind of like getting all of it for $2.55!  

I hope my quick lesson in couponing at Target helps you save in the future! 

No comments:

Post a Comment