Saturday, May 17, 2014

Easy Date Night In Dinner

Last night the fiancé (5 months later it still hasn't gotten old calling him that) worked late so I prepared a little date night dinner to greet him when he got home.  I stumbled across the idea of making individual pizzas out of naan a while back, so when it was on sale for $1.50 for a package of 2 it was a no brainer.  I picked up some pesto, onions to caramelize, blue cheese, and pepperoni for toppings.  Here is a helpful penny pinching tip: when making a pizza (or individual pizzas) for 2, go to the deli and order a quarter of a pound of sandwich style pepperoni.  It is way cheaper and the larger pepperoni slices make for a more gourmet looking pizza.  Once you decide what toppings your tummy desires, make the pizza, place on a baking sheet (I lined mine with my trusty Silpat), and bake in a 425F degree oven for 10-12 minutes until the crust is crispy and slightly browned.  Throw in a bottle of wine, some lovely conversation, maybe get a little crazy and light a candle, and you've got yourself a "fancy" date night in.  Here is how my pizzas turned out (I swear they looked better than my picture shows...I need to learn the art of taking pretty blog worthy pictures...one step at a time):


Bon appétit!
-J

No comments:

Post a Comment