Friday, May 27, 2011

Shake and Bake!

I am officially a North Carolinian again! These past few weeks have been quite the whirlwind but it feels oh SO good to be back in my homeland. And what better way to celebrate being a southerner again than take a trip to a place of mystery, intrigue, and curious creatures?  That's right people, I attended my very first NASCAR race!  Let me begin by saying I definitely had my reservations.  I pictured being hot, uncomfortable, and surrounded by loud, boisterous rednecks.  I did not see the entertainment value in watching cars go round and round and round.  The biggest thing I did not foresee was having one of the best times of my life!  I must say, I have a new found appreciation for the sport.  When I first walked into the speedway I was instantly swept up into the excitement.  When the engines first started up the my blood started to surge a little faster.  And when I saw the speed of the first car go flying by I was instantly converted.  As much fun as I had watching the race, the best part, by far, was people watching.  So in honor of my first NASCAR experience I give to you my dear readers.....a NASCAR fashion show.  That's right!  I present to you the latest and greatest fashions of the NASCAR world.

Our first model is sporting very nice true religion jean enhanced by the camouflage boots in which they are tucked.  She is also confidently rocking the cut off t-shirt.  You go girl.


Our next model is sporting the very popular jorts.  For those of you who are not NASCAR fashionitas, jorts are otherwise known as jean shorts.  He is also wearing the ever so slimming sleeveless t-shirt which I can only assume he took the liberty to "de-sleeve."


These next two models are clearly showing, if you got it, flaunt it. Here again, we see jorts but in a nice alternative of white.  I noticed many NASCAR goers took the less is more approach.  In this case, less is showing a little more than I would like.


I spy jorts AGAIN!  These two models show jorts are the perfect accessory to your favorite NASCAR t-shirt. 

And finally, our last two models show us that bikinis and straw hats aren't just for the beach my friends.  When bikini momma picked out her outfit that morning she said no pesky farmers tan for me today! 


Thank you to all of our wonderful models for showing us there are no limits to NASCAR fashion (even though there should be).  I raise my miller light to you camo boot, bikini top, jort wearing NASCAR fan.  Thank you for making NASCAR about much more than fast cars, and for making me feel just that much better about myself. 

1 comment:

  1. This is HILARIOUS!!! I cracked up reading this! Looks like it was a fun day!

    ReplyDelete