Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Hand[made with love]

This past weekend my darling boyfriend and I celebrated a year of love.  It was the most perfectly romantical weekend I could have ever concocted in my dreams.  We celebrated with a divine dinner at one of the most highly regarded restaurants in the city and nights out on the town with dear friends.  By the time Sunday night fell, I was feeling so loved and blessed.  As we were curled up on the couch, watching something silly on Netflix, I couldn't help but think it was one year ago that I kissed him goodbye in the Dayton, Ohio airport and he told me he loved me.  My, how so many things can change in a year.  In planning our anniversary celebration there was one thing in which I felt very strong: NO GIFTS!  With my birthday coming up, a move, an IKEA trip, and a wedding in Asheville I convinced the beau that a night out would be a gift in itself (especially since I didn't have to cook!!)!  But, if you know me at all, I can't resist a chance to get my craft on.  Let me start by saying, my boyfriend is a nerd.  A very handsome, romantic, sweet nerd.  He loves all things Star Wars, Star Trek, Apple, and video games (and I wouldn't have him any other way).  So when I saw THIS video on Urban Outfitters there was a certain thing that caught my eye and instantly made me think: NICK!! Pause the video at 2:15.

Yes, I decided to recreate the "Cinco de Mayo Stormtrooper helmet."  This is the end result:


After the initial shock of "what on Earth is this?" and my explanation of "but babe, it looks like something you would show me on Reddit!" he really appreciated my handmade token of love.
Side note: Ladies, if your guy has not discovered Reddit consider yourselves lucky.  It will suck any free time out of your significant other! You have been warned.

I have decided if one year is a Cinco de Mayo Stormtrooper, two years can only mean Chinese New Year Chewbacca!

Happy Hump Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment