Friday, August 5, 2011

A bridal shower in the making

One of my absolute best friends is getting married in October!  It was seventh grade when we met.  I was the new girl, and at the end of an exhausting first day I made my way onto the bus.  Since I didn't know anyone I was forced to sit in the front with the sixth graders, and if you know anything about the social order of the middle school bus, sitting in the front is not the coolest of places to be seen.  So, as I was on the bus, trying to magically blend into the green vinyl seats, I heard someone yelling "Jennifer!"  I thought to myself, "they can't possibly be yelling at me, who on earth would know me by the end of the first day??"  I looked around, and there was Jordan, with her beaded flower choker and a short cropped haircut, looking straight at me.  She then said, "you are in my French class, right?"  I acknowledged that I was indeed in her class.  She then signaled me to come sit by her.  I no longer felt alone at a new school.  To my great surprise, she even lived a few houses away!  From that day on, we grew closer and closer to the point of feeling like we were sisters from another mother.  We finish each others' sentences, blurt out the same things in syncronicity, and know almost everything about each other!  So, when she asked me to be one of two maids of honor, I knew I had to make sure everything from the bridal shower, to the bachelorette party, to the wedding day, would be absolutely perfect!  My first MOH venture was making invitations for the bridal shower.  I am the type of person who can't stand buying something that I know I can make, so when I stumbled upon this website offering free invitation downloads, my creative mind started a runnin'.  I found this cute bunting wedding invitation suite and thought I could easily turn it into a shower invitation.



With a little time spent on the computer, some card stock, and my trusty paper slicer (my new favorite toy, and an investment completely worth it for those who scrapbook, or make cards) they turned out great!

1 comment:

  1. This literally made me cry! I remember that day on the bus like it was yesterday!! You are truly an amazing friend and ARE like a sister to me!

    Love you Jenn!

    ReplyDelete