Monday, August 1, 2011

Buy me some peanuts and crackerjacks

Every weekend I look forward to spending some quality time with my honey.  As much as I adore our dinner dates and meeting up with friends for drinks, it's always exciting to experience something different.  Last Sunday we had the the pleasure of being invited to a Durham Bulls baseball game, party deck style!  As fond as I am of beer, food, and sporing events, the idea of sitting outside in hundred degree weather didn't exactly thrill me (I don't have my southern skin yet).  In the end, I was SO glad I went.  The atmosphere was entertaining, the beer cold, the sunset beautiful, but my favorite part by FAR was the area surrounding the stadium:

Detailed brickwork and the Durham skyline
Beautiful landscaping and the great water feature that runs through the area around the stadium
One of the neat sculptures
I love how they kept so many of the industrial elements.
I couldn't get enough of the water element.  The combination of natural and industrial was amazing!
A train car. Why not?
I love the indoor/outdoor feel
And of course the ballpark!

If you haven't been to a Durham Bulls game, GO!  And definitely leave some time to explore!

No comments:

Post a Comment